• Day to day administration of the functions of the Reform Directorate
• Implementing the decisions of the IG.
• Facilitating preparation and implementation of the Service strategic and annual work plans.
• Implementing action plans as well as reviewing organisational performance against set targets.
• Formation and development of an efficient administration for reforms implementation
• Organization control and management of staff within the Reform Secretariat
• Resource Mobilisation and negotiating grants on police reforms with external bodies and development partners
• Ensuring the drawing up and approval of the required budget for the Directorate
• Ensuring monitoring and evaluation of the programmes and activities
• Developing relevant IEC materials on reforms and documentation of achievements
• Preparation of reports and sharing with relevant stakeholders
• Monitoring and evaluating departmental performance
• Performing any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the IG.
The sections under the directorate are:
2. National Police Transformation Programme Office
3. Policy Advisory Office
4. County Policing Authority & Community Policing Coordinator
5. Human Rights Programmes Office
6. International Cooperation & Benchmarking Coordinator